Facility and Services
- Fishroom: housing approximately 10,000 Zebrafish with over 100 transgenic, mutant, and morphant lines!
- Injection/microscope room: for injecting embryos, screening fish, and miscellaneous microscope work
- Imaging room: for imaging Zebrafish at various developmental time points including time lapse video, bright field imaging, flourescent imaging, and optical section imaging
The University of Minnesota Zebrafish Core Facility provides housing, feeding, embryo procurement, and management assistance for University of Minnesota researchers who use Zebrafish as a model organism.
The core also provides community outreach to local schools that are interested in using Zebrafish to get kids excited about science and biology.
Services provided to:
- University researchers
- Undergraduate classrooms
- Undergraduate researchers (UROP)
- Local elementary and secondary schools
For more information regarding Zebrafish lines, services, or use of embryos please contact:
Mark A. Masino, Ph.D.
Zebrafish Core Facility Director